Thank you for reading this question and answer. What are the Effective Ways to Increase Memory? Psychology has a variety of strategies to increase memory. Today I discussed some of the strategies. You can try these in your life.
I have lost my memory, I can’t remember like before, I forget when I read something, many people complain like this. Many again are not satisfied with their current memory. Memory is actually involved in many things. Repeatedly thinking about a subject, being physically seriously ill, going through a trauma, having a brain injury, trying to memorize a lot of information at once, and having a mental problem can cause a person to fail to recover information from memory. Due to physical and mental illness we fail to memorize new things and in some cases we forget to memorize. Moreover, due to old age, people may lose their memory. Each memory in our brain is made up of a number of neurons. If we first get any general information with the help of our senses, it creates a new connection between the neurons in our memory. If that information is repeated over and over again, the connection between the neurons becomes stronger.
Our diet is closely related to memory. Some foods, such as omega-3 acids, play an important role in the formation of brain and nerve cells. And omega-3 fats are found in fish. There are some foods that can have a negative effect on your brain, such as sugar, processed foods, butter, red meat, fast food, salt, etc. We can avoid these foods to eliminate memory problems. When we are under stress, our brain secretes a type of neurotransmitter called cortisol which interferes with our ability to recover information from our memory. So living a stress free life can play a helpful role in enhancing memory.
The Effective Ways to Increase Memory
Although memory cannot be enhanced with practice, the work of memory elements (e.g., learning, preservation, retrieval, retrieval, space-time instruction, etc.) can be accelerated through practice. This is discussed below:
1. Pronunciation: Better a poor horse than no horse at all. A special advantage of pronunciation is that it allows the two senses to function equally in the eye and the ear. If you read a word, the connection between the neurons of memory will be stronger and it will be easier to remember. Besides, if you read through rhythm and melody, it is easily memorized
2. Overall vs. partial method: In case of memorizing a small piece of information, it is better to read the whole part than to read partially. Partial methods are more effective in learning meaningless content
3. Pause method: Learning with occasional breaks while memorizing a particular lesson gives ample time to memorize the information permanently so that the learning lasts.
4. Understanding the meaning: If you understand the meaning of the content and practice the lesson, it is memorized quickly. It takes more time to memorize if you practice the lesson without understanding the meaning
5. Routine method: Practicing lessons according to routine will increase the amount of memory
6. Organization: After reading, if the content is neatly arranged, it is easier to remember. It is not easy to remember if read randomly
6. Lesson before sleep: If you memorize the lesson before sleep, it does not easily disappear from the memory. Because going to sleep does not interfere with the signs of memory. Moreover, adequate sleep helps to increase memory
6. Deep Attention: Deep attention serves as a condition for enhancing memory. It can be easily remembered by reading with deep attention
9. Survey Q 3R: Robinson has formulated a groundbreaking rule for memorizing any subject. Its rule is known as Survey Q 3R method. Here, Survey means -Surve Q means Question-Question, Read-Read (R-1), Recite-Recitation (R-2) and Review-Review (R-3). In this method the student will first survey the content and ask questions on his own and find the answers to those questions on his own. Read aloud while reading and try to memorize the content again after reading. In this process, a student can easily master a subject
10. Abbreviation / Mnemonics: You can use abbreviation / mnemonics to memorize any information. This way you can make a short word with the first initials of how many words. For example: how many points you need to memorize. You can easily memorize it by making a word or sentence with the first initials of those points. In this case, if the word or sentence is meaningful, the result is better.
By following these strategies we can speed up the work of our memory components.